Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The grudge that stole christmas

Grudge.... hmmm... grudge grudge grudge.

A word that rubs shoulders with grime and drudge,

And keeps company with hurt and sting and sludge.

Grudggggge, grudge....

Your ugly slime sits in the pit of my gut,

Turning my niceness to grimy black smut,

Sucking my principals into your rut.

Grudge. Grudge. Grudge.

If I let you stay you will feed away, slowly rotting me all the way through.

If I give you a home you will feed to my bones and I'm left with nothing but you.

All. Consuming. Grudge.

Scowl and hissssss, frown and dissssss,

All. Consuming. Grudge.

Hmph and sigh, slander and lie,

All. Consuming. Grudge.

What a monster you are like a fat and fed leech, and yet your mind is not your own.

For it's my thought and deed on which you feed, it's my heart in which you've grown.

It's my deep seeded want to judge and to taunt that allows you to pulsate and thrive,

I must starve you of what you need from me in order for you to survive...

Grudge. Grudge. Grudge.


1 comment:

  1. This is relly well written :) It's a sad poem but it's rad all the same.

    ReplyDelete